- Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro is built to take your diagnostic experience to a whole new level.
- Loaded with oil service reset, battery registration and reset, parking brake pad relearn after replacement, steering angle sensor relearn and diesel particulate filter regeneration functions.
- MD808 Pro can access All available modules for the best diagnosis operations.
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro OBD2 OBD Full System Car Diagnsotic Tool
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Description
The MaxiDiag MD808 Pro is built to take your diagnostic experience to a whole new level. Loaded with oil service reset, battery registration and reset, parking brake pad relearn after replacement, steering angle sensor relearn and diesel particulate filter regeneration functions, MD808 Pro can access ALL available modules for the best diagnosis operations. With all that enclosed in a 4-inch hand-held device, there is no better multifunctional scan tool on the market.
The all new Autel MD808 pro offers technicians more advanced features and functions to diagnose all systems for major vehicles on the road today. With all the amazing functions, the small andexquisite tool is capable of delivering unmatched efficiency in diagnoses and services, making the ideal service tool priced for everyone to afford.
Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro is offers oil service reset, battery registration and reset, parking brake pad relearn after replacement, steering angle sensor relearn and diesel particulate filter regeneration functions, MD808 Pro can access ALL available modules for the best diagnosis operations. All that enclosed in a 4-inch hand-held device.Autel MD808 Pro is cabled to the vehicle.
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Highlights:
1. Original Autel Brand, High quality
2. Free Update Online on Autel Official Website
3. Vehicle Coverage: Global OBDII coverage for U.S. domestic, Asian and European makes and models
4. The brand-new optimized appearance designwith ergonomic buttons and crisp lines of the exterior has simple structure to be operated bya hand.
5. Brand New Design: Autel MD808, a revelation in diagnostic and service tool is launched with brand–new exterior in terms of design, structure and buttons;
6. Powerful Hardware: Included with 16G Micro SD Card, full color 800*480 display to take your diagnostic experience to a whole new level;
7. Efficient Diagnosis: Offer more advanced features and functions to troubleshoot basic four systems (Engine, Transmission, SRS and ABS) for major vehicles on the road today;
8. Professional Service Tool: Loaded with enhanced service functions, such as oil reset, EPB, SAS, BMS and DPF, offers quick and easy solution to everyday task in the workshop;
1. Language Supported: English Only
2. About Update: it is free update now. no limitation. But we can not say it is lifetime free update online, maybe Autel will charge the update cost a few years later, hard to give a certain idea.
3. Bi-Directionals: The MD808 Pro does not offer any bi-directional controls, for this capability consider the Autel Maxisys MS906BT.
MD808 Pro Supported Systems
1. POWERTRAIN SYSTEM - Read / Test / Clear trouble codes all modules
2. BODY SYSTEM - Read / Test / Clear trouble codes all modules
3. CHASSIS SYSTEM - Read / Test / Clear trouble codes all modules
4. INFO & COMMUNICATION - Read / Test / Clear trouble codes all modules
5. Auto VIN Detection
6. Auto Scan all major systems
7. Live Data to test individual systems
8. Communicate with door modules, body controllers, electronic modules
9. Support all OBDII protocols and 10 test modes including Freeze Frame, Enhanced Mode 6, Vehicle Info, I/M Readiness, On-Board Monitor and Component Tests
10. Graph, record and playback freeze frame data
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Features:
1. Read/Clear Codes and Live Data for ALL systems, all avalable modules within Powertrain, Body, Chassis, information and communication systems.
2. Read and clear trouble codes, control and Support BMS/Oil Reset/ SRS/EPB/DPF service functions
3. Support oil service reset
4. Support battery registration and reset
5. Support diesel particulate service including forced regeneration
6. Support steering angle sensor (SAS) reset
7. Relearn parking brake pad after replacement
8. Reset service mileage and service intervals
9. Turn off ECU brake warning light
10. Perform O2 monitor, on-board monitor, I/M readiness and component testing
11. Print diagnostic reports via PC connection
12. Global OBD II coverage for U.S. domestic, Asian and European makes and models
13. All OBD II protocols, all 10 test modes and enhanced OBD II mode 6 support
14. Update: Lifetime FREE software update
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Vehicle coverage:
Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Audi, VW, For Seat, Skoda, Volvo, Saab, Bentley, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Citroen, Renault Peugeot, Dacia, Fiat, Ford, Jaguar, Lancia, Landrover, aybach, Mini, Opel, Porsche, Smart, Vauxhall
Acura, Daewoo, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan Group, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki,For Toyota
Chrysler, Ford, G-M
1. Service Functions
The MaxiDiag MD808 Pro provide Oil Reset, EPB, SAS, DPF and BMS functions for most modern vehicles on the road today. Select the Service function from the Main Menu to access the five special functions.
1) Oil Reset: The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the display and according to the recommended maintenance schedule.Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where the oil is changed prior to a service indicator being turned on, also reset the system.
2) EPB: This electric parking brake (EPB) function has a multitude of uses to maintain the electronic braking systems safely and effectively.
3) SAS: Steering Angle Sensor Calibration permanently stores the current steering wheel position as the straight-ahead position in the steering angle sensor EEPROM. Therefore, the front wheels and the steering wheel must be set exactly to the straight-ahead position before calibration. In addition, the vehicle identification number is also read from the instrument cluster and stored permanently in the steering angle sensor EEPROM. On successful completion of calibration, the steering angle sensor fault memory is automatically cleared.
4) DPF: The DPF function allows you to carry out numerous functions on the Diesel Particulate Filter system without having to send your car to a main dealer.
The tool will manage DPF regeneration, DPF component replacement teach-in and DPF teach-in after replacing the engine control unit.
5) BMS: The BMS (Battery Management System) allows the scan tool to evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the close-circuit current,
register the battery replacement, activate the rest state of the vehicle, and charge the battery via the diagnostic socket.
6) ABS Maintenance: The tool can read codes,erase codes, record live data,read ECU information,perform active test,and perform special function.
2. OBDII Diagnostic Functions
OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the drive train systems of OBD II vehicles.
When more than one vehicle control module is detected by the scan tool, you will be prompted to select the module where the data may be retrieved.
The most often to be selected are the Power-train Control Module [PCM] and Transmission Control Module [TCM].
1) System Status: Select this function to display the system status of the test vehicle, refer to the following description for the system status of the test vehicle.
2) Read Codes: Read Codes can be done with the key on engine off (KOEO) or with the key on engine running (KOER).
This function is used to read the detailed information of a particular diagnostic trouble code for technicians to better solve the problem.
3) Erase Codes: Erase Codes is performed with key on engine off (KOEO). This function is used to delete diagnostic trouble code when the fault the caused the specific DTC is fixed.
4) Live Data: In this function, you can not only read the live data but also record data for later review.
5) Freeze Frame: Freeze Frame Data allows the technician to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) is detected. For example, the parameters may include engine speed (RPM), engine coolant temperature (ECT), or vehicle speed sensor (VSS) etc. This information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to beduplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
6) I/M Readiness: I/M Readiness function is used to check the operations of the Emission System on OBD II compliant vehicles. It is an excellent function to use prior to having a vehicle inspected for compliance to a state emission program.
7) O2 Monitor Test: OBD II regulations set by SAE require the relevant vehicle monitors and tests on the oxygen (O2) sensors to identify problems related to fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions. These tests are not on-demand tests and they are done automatically when engine operating conditions are within specified limits. These test results are saved in the on-board computer's memory.The O2 Monitor Test function allows retrieval and viewing of O2 sensor monitor test results for the most recently performed tests from the vehicle's on-board computer.The O2 Monitor Test function is not supported by vehicles which communicate using a controller area network (CAN).
8) Component Test: The Component Test function allows initiating a leak test for the vehicle's EVAP system. The scan tool itself does not perform the leak test, but commands the vehicle's on-board computer to start the test. Different vehicle manufacturers might have different criteria and methods for stopping the test once it has been started. Before starting the Component Test, refer to the vehicle service manual for instructions to stop the test.
9) Vehicle Information: The Vehicle Info. function enables retrieval of Vehicle Identification No.(VIN), Calibration ID Nos. (CINs), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs) and In-use Performance Tracking on 2000 and newer vehicles that support Mode.
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Specifications
Processor ARM® Thumb® Processor (400 MHz)
Memory 32MB, 166 MHz
Display 4.0 inch LCD with 800x480 resolution
Connectivity Mini USB: 2.0 Micro SD Card (16GB)
Power Consumption 1.7 W
Operating Temperature -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
Storage Temperature -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
Operating Humidity 5% - 95% non-condensing
Housing Strong plastic housing with protective rubber boot
Dimensions (W x H x D) 202 mm x 92 mm x 35 mm (8.35" x 3.62" x 1.4")
Weight 313 g (0.69 lb.)
1pc x User Manual
1pc x Quick Reference Guide
1pc x Main cable
1pc x Micro SD card
1pc x Carry case
1pc x USB Cable
Autel MD808 Pro FAQs:
Q1: Autel MD808 have any advantage over the MD802?
A1: MD808 is much more advanced than MD802.MD808 supports to read and clear trouble codes, control and test BMS / SAS / DPF systems,and reset steering angle sensor (SAS) functionality. These functions MD802 is unavailable to do.Hope it can meet your demands.
Q2: Will this be able yo bring up Transfer Case codes?
A2: Yes,this md808 can read/erase codes on Engine, Transmission, SRS and ABS system as well as lot of special functions.
Q3: Will this unit interface with all of the modules and eletronic controls on a Toyota Prius? And specifically to meter in coolant and bleed brakes?
A3: This md 808 can work on your Toyota Prius on four systems , if wanna get a all system supported product, you can have a look for the MD802 full system or md808 pro.And for metering in coolant and bleed brakes,you may have a look for Autel MK808.
Q4: Autel launched another new product md808. what's the differences between md808 pro and md808?
A4: MD808 pro is an more advanced professional scan tool than MD808. Though MD808 and MD808 pro are armed the same hardware, MD808 pro has more powerful built-in software system than MD808 pro. MD808 can only access to Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag (SRS) systems while MD808 pro support Read/Clear Codes and Live Data functions for ALL systems.
Q5: Hi this able to bleed abs system on mb gl550?
A5: It will support reading and clearing all codes in all modules. But it would not support the brake bleeding functions. I think you need MX808 to bleed abs system.
Q6: Shops that would use Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro?
A6: General repair shops (Perfect for servicewriters), body shops, used car dealerships, auto repair shop, brake facilities, DPF Auto Repair shop, and transmission repair shops
Q7: How do I know if my Autel scanner is genuine or not?
A7: First and foremost, you should buy an Autel scanner from an authorized dealer. If you buy it from an unknown source, you risk being duped or being sold the wrong product. Every Autel scan tool comes with a serial number. After you purchase the device, you need to register it in order to get free software update/upgrade and as well as warranty. As a result, if you try to register the code reader with Autel and it fails, just know that your device is counterfeit. All-in-all, Autel is a reliable company and having a fake product is next to impossible.
Q8: Does the Autel MD808 offer its users with free lifetime updates?
A8: This is where Autel wasn't clear about its product. In the description, it is written that the product comes with free lifetime updates but it is not. Most users have stated that the free software updates are provided for 1 years and from then onwards, you will have to pay for updates and upgrades. The manufacturer should be clear about this so that buyers are not duped into buying the product.
Q9: I am looking for a scanner that would let me access the onboard computer so that I am able to adjust the vehicle performance which would maximize my fuel economy. Will this model do this procedure or can you suggest a model that can do this
A9: I am looking for a scanner that would let me access the onboard computer so that I am able to adjust the vehicle performance which would maximize my fuel economy. Will this model do this procedure or can you suggest a model that can do this
Q10: This MD808Pro would not link up to a new 2019 Toyota Tacoma. I called US support and was told that I would have to wait at least one year for the update to the device that will cover this and other new vehicles. The support person told me that I would purchase a much more expensive reader with a paid subscription to be able to interact with new vehicles. Thanks Autel for not advising this in your advertising for this product. This MD808Pro will be sitting in my cupboard collecting dust for at least one more years.
A10: Yes, that's right. If you buy the most recent car model, then low price scanner like Autel md808 pro will not support. They need time( at least one year) to include that new car model with the scanner. All scanner brands follow that type of tactic. Because they need to write a new program for the latest car model to support the scanner
Autel MD808 Pro Reviews:
I did try it out and it did work very well. I work as a gm technician and i use the ms906ts model from autel and they both seem to read the same data. I would recommend any autel product to anyone. They have great products and great technical support. I did the current update on this unit which was simple. The newest update gave you the feature to do the updates through usb. I had to remove the mico sd card to do the updates the first time. You will need a micro sd to sd card adapter if you get a unit with the older software installed.
Autel MD808 Pro was recommended by tire shop because it's a well made quality product capable of high speed use for sports cars. Product installed and programmed easily for use in my '06 corvette.
I purchased this to help diagnose an ABS issue and to clear the trouble code(s) when the issue was fixed. It handled these tasks without issue. The ability to see sensors operate in real time and plot them on a graph is invaluable.
This is a new launched product of Autel. My friend bought a MD802 which works very good. This one is an updated version of MD802. It has a bigger screen and memory, and seems the scanning speed is a little bit faster scanning all systems. A very good diagnostic tool.
It clears code fast and works well. It's an all system diagnostic tool and easy to use. The 16G memory card which enables update is a plus compared to MD802. Though it's not a bi-directional tool, we won't get that at this price.
WhatsApp/Wechat: +86 13983755934Online chat with us to get faster support
Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Unbox
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Introduction
1.How To Register &Update AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Software
2.Handheld diagnostic tool:Autel MD808 or Autel MD802 (Full System) or Foxwell NT510,which is the best?
1.How To Register &Update AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro Software
AUTEL MaxiDiag MD808 Pro software upgrade is free for lifetime,we have two ways to update autel MD808 pro software,This function allows you to update the scan tool software through a Window-based computer.
The first,Register the Tool:
please go to the official website:www.autel.com. Then you could download software, update
online, retrieve information and get warranty service.
Prior to registration, please confirm your network is working properly.
1. Visit the website https://pro.autel.com.
2. If you already have an Autel account, Sign In with your account ID and password.
3. If you are a new member to Autel, click on the Create Autel ID button on the left side to create an ID.
4. Enter the required information in the input fields, and click the Get Verification Code button to get a verification code for email validation.
5. The online system will automatically send a verification code to the registered email address. Input the code in the Verification Code field
and complete other required fields. Read through Autel’s Terms and Conditions and click on Agree, and then click Create Autel ID at the
bottom. A product registration screen will display.
6. The device’s serial number and password is located in the About section of the System Setup application on the tool.
7. Select your product model, enter the product serial number and password on the Product Registration screen, and click Submit to
complete the registration procedure.
Then Update procedure:
Autel frequently releases software updates that you can download. The Update feature makes it very easy to determine and get exactly what you
There are two ways to update your tool.
1. Remove the Micro SD card from the device and connect it with a
Windows-based computer for updating.
2. Connect your tool with a Windows-based computer using the supplied
USB cable and select Update on the Main Menu to enter Update Mode.
The update procedures for the above two update methods are the same.
Follow the update procedure to finish updating.
1. Download the Maxi PC Suite from www.autel.com and install on your Windows-based PC.
2. Run the Maxi PC Suite. Wait for the Log In window to pop up.
3. Enter your Autel ID and password and wait for the Update window to display. If you forget your password, you may click the [Forget
Password?] to link to our website and find your password back. Or you may click Sign up to create an Autel ID to continue.
4. Select the product type and serial number, click OK to continue.
5. In the Update window, select the items you want to install. Usually, you should install all available updates.
Generally, there are two ways to update programs:
1. Select the programs that you would update by clicking on the check boxes next to those items. Then click the Update All button on the right
bottom of screen. Click the Clear All button will reselect the items you want to update.
2. Or, click on the Select All checkbox on the left bottom of screen and all updatable items will be selected automatically. Then click the Update
All button on the right side of screen.
3. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded programs will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
1. Find out the desired updating item and click the Update button in the same line.
2. When the downloading is completed, the downloaded program will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
View or Delete Programs
To view the list of installed programs or to delete an installed program, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Installed tag entry and the page will show the list of programs installed.
2. Select the program(s) that you would delete.
Batch delete: Select the programs that you would delete by
clicking on the check boxes to the left of those items. Then click the
Uninstall All button on the right bottom of screen.
Single delete: Click the Uninstall button in the line of your
3. A window asking “Are you sure to delete the software?” will pop up
for your confirmation.
Click on OK to delete the program(s) selected, or on Cancel to quit the action.
The deleted program will automatically add to the end of program list in the Update page in case you would like to install again.
In the search box on the right top corner of the screen, you can enter any words to search the software you desired, and this function works for both
Update Available column and Installed column.
2.Handheld diagnostic tool:Autel MD808 or Autel MD802 (Full System) or Foxwell NT510,which is the best?
Reviews of these three scanners: Autel MD808, Autel MD802 (Full System) and Foxwell NT510. After finish reading this post, you will agree both are fine to own. :-D
I have the NT510 with GM program. The NT 510 is the most powerful of these. The truth is that when you look for low cost solutions you must give up something. Be it slow speed or functions. The options are reasonable cost or spend the big bucks for a pro setup. If you need bi-directional including key programming, epb, auto brake bleeding etc, the Foxwell does them for low cost. The display is small and it is not very fast but it does work. The Autel models have a larger display and are faster but don't do as much. No one can make the decision for you unfortunately. Check the manufacturers description of the capabilities of each product and choose the one that does what you need.
It sucks when I give a recommendation and it turns out wrong for the guy. The Autel is faster, but does not do what the Foxwell will do. The Foxwell is less expensive too. I have both and think they are both good products.
Foxwell NT510 comes with your choice of 1 manufacturers software. You can also purchase up to 5 more manufacturers software at about $60.00 ( the last time I checked) before the 510 is as full as it can get. I think if you need more then you must remove 1 to put in another. Given the amount of functions possible with the 510 it is a good buy. The Autel is faster and has a cleaner interface, but the Foxwell does more. It is a tough decision to make about which one will be better for you. I purchased both and have used both.
Got the Autel MD808 Pro on Friday and this thing is amazing. Did a full scan(all modules) on a 2012 Pilot and it really picked this thing apart. I need to find and print an updated acronym list and all will be good. For the price this thing is hard to beat.
The maxicheck used to be able to do TPMS, but they removed it. If you purchased it recently, you could probably return it for that particular reason. It seems common for them to remove specific functions from one or the other to reduce overlap in functions that a scan tool can perform so they can sell even more tools. If they did a better job of updating what each tool can do, I think they would sell even more of them. It's best to contact autel directly and ask about specific functions before committing to purchasing one due to all the outdated information that still is posted on various sites. If you look at some of the comparison charts for example, you would still see that the Maxicheck is listed as having tpms capability. I emailed autel about the MD808 a while back specifically asking what it could do tpms related. The representative that responded said it could read live tpms data, but could not register sensor id's.